TIPS FOR PARENTS
- Enjoy the excitement of the finals, but please don’t lose perspective of the effort the kids have put into the whole season
- Try not to let the kids get too excited. The coach will be trying hard to keep his team calm and well prepared for the game.
- Let the kids see that you are proud of them; before and after the game; win or lose.
- You must let them know that they cannot be losers if they try their best. They will try hard to do their best, but some will not play to the best of their ability – in finals it just happens that way. However they actually played; show them you appreciate their efforts.
- Finals are no place for big heads – either the kid’s or yours. Keep victories in their right perspective. One can be the boss of the henhouse today and on the dinner table tomorrow.
- Show respect to the opposition. They have obviously played well to make the finals too.
- The right team may not always win, but the best team on the day should.
*Denis Baker (Winning is Kid’s Stuff)
Last Modified on 21/01/2013 16:47