3 ON 3 Basketball starts this Friday 09 November 2012
Term 4, Big 3 on 3 Basketball
Format and Who Can Play?
- Each Friday teams will compete in knock-out phase to find the overall winner on the night.
- Open to all-comers, maximunm 16 teams will play in two grades only - A Grade and B Grade after the first round of games have been played.
- After the first round of matches the 8 winning teams will progress to the A Grade and straight into the Quarter-Finals of the A Grade
- The losing 8 teams from the first round of matches will progress to the B Grade and straight into the Quarter-Finals of the B Grade
- Winners of the quarter-finals will move to semi-finals and winners of the semi-finals will play in the finals at 8pm.
- Prize-money only available if the competition is full (has 16 teams registered and entered to play on any given Friday night over the next four weeks of competition, no games Friday 30 November 2012, final round Friday 07 December 2012)
Only when a total of 16 teams are entered will prize-money become available. Prize money will be awarded on the following basis:
- Winners of A and B Grade receive $80
- Runner's up of A and B Grade receive $40
Cost for 3 on 3:
- $20.00 per team on the night.
- First to 31 or the team that has the most points when the time runs out Wins
- 10 minute running clock games, 5 minutes between each round of matches
- No referee
- Call your own fouls
- Keep your own scores - just like streetz stylez.
- 3 pointers will be 2 pointers
- Any basket made inside the key will be counted as 1 point
- Teams may have a maximum of 4 players
- Games may commence and be completed by 2 players
- Each team are allowed 1 timeout only (clock does not stop)
- No time-outs permitted within the last 2 minutes and 30 seconds of game time remaining
- “Take back” line is in the area outside the three point line, ball must be taken behind the 3 point line if A). Team playing offence shots and hits the rim and misses, team playing defence gets the rebound must take the ball behind the three point line.
- Each player are allowed 4 personal fouls
- Player substitution is permitted during any dead ball situation
- The ball will be changed over after a made basket, which then they are required to take the ball to the “take back” line.
- The ball must ball must be passed from the “take back” area. It cannot be shot or dribbled. Any infraction means loss of possession. Note: you have 5 seconds to pass the ball from the “take back” area when playing offence.
For any further inquiries please contact us on 387 3005 or email through firstname.lastname@example.org