Your child may be eligible for Government Funding
Warwick Basketball has been listed as a local sports association eligible for it's junior members to receive the State Governments "Getting Started" grant. If you have a healthcare card or a pension card, and your child is under the age of 18, you are eligible!
You will need to be quick, there are only a limited number available, and running out fast
This grant will subsidise your childs participation in Basketball for the next 12 months.
How do I get a voucher?
A parent, carer or guardian of an eligible child or young person can apply online for a voucher under the first round of the program from 15 January 2013. When applying for a voucher, the following details will be required:
- name, age and date of birth of the child or young person
- name, address, telephone number and email address of the parent, carer or guardian
- a valid Centrelink Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card number.
If a child is eligible for Get Started, they are not guaranteed a voucher. The funding will be distributed in two rounds each year on a first come, first served basis. Once the allocation for each round is exhausted, the program will close and no further vouchers will be offered for that round. It is important to get the voucher organised ASAP so that you don’t miss out. Then go to https://qgrants.osr.qld.gov.auand follow the directions!
Before applying for a voucher, please read the Frequently Asked Questions for Parents, Carers and Guardians ( http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/funding/getinthegame/parents-carers-faq.html ).
Terms and conditions for the use of the voucher should also be read before applying for a voucher.
Once you have read through the information about the voucher, you can proceed to apply online. You will be able to apply for a voucher from 15 January 2013.
Prior to applying, it is recommended that you have access to a printer to be able to print the voucher and present to your local club.
What does the membership offer include?
- 12 months FREE Registration with Basketball Queensland (Covers Insurance and Eligibility to higher level Representative competitions)
- 8 x Skills or “Learn the Basics” Sessions with the Warwick Wildcats Head Coach
- 12 months of subsidized game fees (you will only need to pay around $2 per game - Depending on which comp your child participates in)
- Free Season Tickets to the Warwick Wildcats D-League Season
- Free Subscription to the Warwick Wildcats Newsletter
Warwick Basketball will also give your child a FREE Warwick Wildcats basketball to practice with, as well as a Warwick Wildcats Snapback Cap!
If you have any further questions, please call Jeff Clark on 07 4661 9204 or 0427 814898