Get started program- Applications Have CLOSED
What is Get Started?
Get Started is one of three funding programs that comprise the Queensland Government’s Get in the Game initiative to support sport and recreation at the grassroots level.
Get Started assists children and young people who can least afford or may otherwise benefit from joining a sport or recreation club.
Eligible children and young people can apply online for a voucher valued up to $150 online, which can be redeemed at a sport or recreation club registered with Get Started.
The vouchers for eligible children and young people will be available from 9am on 15 January 2013. For further information, refer to the links below.
Who can apply?
The following applicants are eligible for a Get Started voucher:
- children and young people from the age of five and under the age of 18 who hold or whose parent, guardian or carer holds a Centrelink Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card and are residents of Queensland
- other children or young people identified by two referral agents (see below).
How do I get a voucher?
- Information for parents, carers and guardians( http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/funding/getinthegame/parents-carers.html )
Who are referral agents for Get Started?
Referral agents are people holding certain positions in the community who can assist with identifying children and young people who would most benefit from participating in sport or recreation activities, and from assistance with the payment of membership and/or participation fees.
To be a referral agent, a person must hold one of the positions in the community designated by the department. To find out more, refer to the link below.
- Information for referral agents( http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/funding/getinthegame/referral-agents.html )
Information for clubs
Registering your club for the program
Eligible sport and recreation clubs can register for Get Started NOW. Find out how to register your club( http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/funding/getinthegame/sportrec-clubs.html ). To view the list of registered clubs go to the club locator( http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/funding/getinthegame/clubs/index.php ).
- Information for sport and recreation clubs( http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/funding/getinthegame/sportrec-clubs.html )
Registered clubs redeeming a voucher
Registered clubs will be able to redeem vouchers online for amounts up to $150 related to membership and/or participation fees for eligible children and young people. Clubs must be registered for Get Started before accepting vouchers. If the club is not registered, refer to the information above.
Need further information?
If you require further information on Get Started, please email email@example.com( mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org ) or contact a local Sport and Recreation Services office on 1300 656 191.