OSEP MOSO Project Enters Stage Two
Thirteen participants from 10 Olympic Sports Organisations are in Queenstown, New Zealand to complete Units 3 and 4 of the Pilot Management of Olympic Sports Organisations. Having completed Units 1 and 2, participants will undergo an evaluation of their performance before undertaking Financial management on Wednesday and Thursday and Human Resources on Friday and Saturday.
Unit Three is Human Resources Management, for which we have been fortunate to secure the services of Dr Tracy Taylor, MEMOS Tutor and University of Technology (UIT) in Sydney and Craig Phillips, the Secretary General of the AOC.
For Unit Four we are very fortunate also to have Leigh Frew and Barry Maister from the NZOC to take us through the minefield of financial management and planning and with the promise to make it fun.
Dr Leigh Robinson, Loughborough University and also a MEMOS Tutor and co editor of the MOSO Manual will be observing the program to look at ways that the MOSO can integrate with the teaching methods and assessment processes being trialled by OSEP.
Sainimli Talatoka will coordinate this valuable program which will continue with Units 5 and 6 in Fiji sometime in July.
- Takitoa Taumoepeau Secretary General Tonga
- Nakibae Kitisene Secretary General Tuvalu
- Willy Uan Secretary General Kiribati
- Baklai Temengil Secretary General Palau
- Rosie Blake Secretary General Cook Islands
- Henry Tavoa CEO Vanuatu
- Seiuli Peni Fiu Ai CEO Samoa
- Anne King CEO Oceania Foundation
- Lorraine Mar Office Manager Fiji
- Naoyuki Fujiyama VP Solidarity Solomon Islands
- Lestly Ashby SDO FSM
- Hanisi Visanti Office Manager ONOC
- Natanya Potoi Coordinator ORADO