Athlete US Scholarship 2013/14 call for interest
The scholarship is an initiative of the Oceania Foundation (www.oceaniafoundation.com), ONOC and Samsung targeting athletes that are able to balance sport and academic achievements. The preferred age groups are those aged between 18-20 years.
The scholarship intake process takes approximately 15 months from the initial call for applicants to the scholarship recipient commencing at the Junior College.
Current call for applications for the 2013/14 school year.
The procedure is as follows:
- June 1: Applications Open
- July 31: Applications Close
- August: Applications Assessed
- September 1: Pre-Selection of applicants by Oceania Panel (Oceania Foundation and ONOC representatives)
- October: Discussions with colleges
- February: Confirmation of Scholarship recipients
- April - July: Admission Process including visas, transcripts and admission applications
- August: Commencement of Fall Semester
Scholarships are initially available for the sports of Athletics and Swimming, but an exceptional candidate outside of these sports may be considered
Scholarships are performance - based but gender diversity is also taken into account.
The application form for 2013 / 2014 Fall Semester intake is attached. Please note that the applications must be endorsed by your National Olympic Committee (NOC)