Northern Marianas: Saipan Baseball League
Oceania Countries in the Little League series
Ten teams are competing for the Little League World Series in the ASPAC region
The tournament is played in Taichung, Chinese Taipei
- 27/07/2012Baseball Canada announces 18U Selection Camp Roster
- 27/07/2012U.S. Venues For 2013 World Baseball Classic Announced
- 27/07/2012A team from Pakistan will play in the Tuscany Series in Italy
- 27/07/2012JX-ENEOS wins Intercity Championship in Japan
- 25/07/2012Lamigo's "Yo-Yo" Man lit up CPBL All-Star Weekend
- 25/07/2012Team representatives met with the organizers of the World Baseball Classic Qualifier
- 24/07/2012IBAF and ISF announced their plan to merge
- 23/07/2012Cuba wins 26th Haarlem Baseball Week
- 23/07/2012MLB participates in White House Sports and Sustainability forum
- 23/07/2012Braves take on Dodgers in the 2012 Delta Civil Rights Game on August 18
Jason Pan, in Chinese Taipei
Ten countries and regions are participating in the 2012 LLB Asia-Pacific (ASPAC) Tournament this week, taking place in Taichung City of Chinese Taipei.
Pool A has host Chinese Taipei joined by New Zealand, Philippines, Guam, and Hong Kong. Pool B is headed by Korea and Australia, along with Indonesia, Thailand, and Saipan-CNMI.
The winning team at this competition will represent Asia-Pacific at the Little League Baseball World Series
in Williamsport, USA (Aug. 16-26).
In the opening day action, Korea shut out Indonesia 11-0, Saipan beat Thailand 10-6, Philippines routed New Zealand 12-2, and Chinese Taipei prevailed over Guam 5-2. The championship final is scheduled for later this weekend at Taichung's Wan-Shou Stadium.
This 2012 Little League Asia-Pacific Tournament is organized by the LLB, Chinese Taipei CTBA and other agencies and sponsored by Herbalife and Hua Nan Financial Holdings