COMPETITION BASICS - All Competitions
Be sure to check out information, draws, procedures etc. for the various competitions on the top of the website.
ACT Water Polo is keen to see an efficient and enjoyable competition run for the benefit of all. Therefore please:
- Appoint a team manager (not the coach) like every other sport and get organised
- Be on time
- Fill cards out with full names, no nicknames - the manager should do this not wet players!
- Ask people if you can help out
- Volunteer for scoring or refereeing - and if you are refereeing make sure your name is on the card or you can't get paid!
- If you are excluded for the match other than on three normal pesonal fouls there is a process. You have 48 hours to accept the charge and have one match taken off the penalty or you can ask for a judiciary committee meeting. If you do nothing it is assumed that you accept the charge. *
- Smile and try to see the other person's point of view if you or they look cranky!
- Try to understand that in water polo a good referee gets the calls right about 60% of the time - as frustrating as that is! Good players get on with it and take advantage of the breaks when they come!
- Have fun!
* - Check out the judiciary procedures under "ACTWPI Manuals/Rules/Policies" on the left of the website.