2009 STATE VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR
Anthony (aka) Benda not only won State Junior Club Volunteer of the year but also won State Volunteer of year
which entitles him a trip to Melbourne for the AFL Grand final.
His achievements were
- Attends all Junior and Senior League meetings as the club's rep, as well as any other meetings aimed to
iimprove the league or his club
- Holds the official position of Treasurer for the Club
- Attends all school carnivals/gala days held at the Maryborough Ground and is involved in setting up and
packing and away and umpiring.
- Coaches the Auskick
- Coaches the U14's
- Assistant Coach of U17's
- Team Trainer for more than one team
- Involved in the U10's and U12's
- Any odd Jobs that need doing
- Involved in the new lighting project being currently completed
- Ferries representative players to training and attended rep carnivals
- Plays and helps out with the Fruit Bats (Over 35's)
- Runs water or is the runner when not doing other roles
CONGRATULATIONS BENDA, YOUR CLUB AND LEAGUE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU.
Other awards on the night were:
Junior Coach of The Year:- Rod Timmin
Youth Coach of The Year:- Greg Lavey
Junior League Volunteer of the Year:- Brad Grogan
Senior Coach :- Adam Coombes
Senior Club Volunteer:- Mark Mason
Photos will be attached in photo gallery.