Players Parent & Coaches code of conduct
Coaches Code of Conduct
1. Basketball is for enjoyment. Remember that basketballers play for fun and enjoyment and winning is only part of their motivation.
2. Always make sure that participants are made to feel welcome.
3. Never ridicule players for making mistakes or losing a game.
4. Be reasonable in your demands. All players are of different abilities.
5. Teach understanding and respect for the rules. Do not encourage players to ignore or deliberately break any rules.
6. Give all players a reasonable amount of court time.
7. Teach you players respect for officials and an acceptance of their judgement. Abuse of referees is unacceptable behavior and will not be tolerated.
Players Code of Conduct
1. Understanding and play by the rules is your responsibility. The rules exist for the safety and enjoyment of all participants. Do not ignore or deliberately break any rules.
2. Respect referees and officials. They are there to enforce the rules but they can not be always be right. Accept all calls graciously. Abuse of referees is unacceptable behavior and will not be tolerated.
3. Verbally abusing other players or provoking an opponent are not acceptable or permitted
4. Be a good sport.
5. Treat everyone as you would like to be treated
Parents Code of Conduct
1. Encourage your children to participate but do not force them. They play for the enjoyment.
2. Encourage your children to always play by the rules, if you see your children consistently breaching the rules you should be prepared to speak with them.
3. A parent needs to lead by example show what good sport means applaud good play by all teams.
4. Do not criticize yours or others’ children in front of others.
5. Accept decisions of all referees as being fair and called to the best of their ability. Abuse of referees is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
6. Keep children in your care under control. Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from the stadium.