Melbourne FC Seeking Youth Girls For Trident Academy
The Melbourne Football Club is one of the leaders in supporting women’s football, through a range of meaningful partnerships and initiatives.
As part of their commitment to women’s football, in 2011 the Melbourne Football Club developed the Trident Girls Football Academy, which provides a unique opportunity for young female footballers to experience what it is like to be a part of an elite football club.
The two day program offers 30 girls aged between 12 and 17 an extraordinary on and off the field development experience, designed to build on the girls’ existing football abilities, while teaching them how to link leadership with values and teamwork.
Given the success of this program in 2011, the Academy will run again in 2012.
Throughout the program, participants will:
- participate in a training session with the Melbourne Football Club’s coaches and prominent VWFL players
- be provided with an insight into the future direction of female football
- assist in the delivery of the Melbourne Football Club’s Membership Clinic
- receive media training from the Melbourne Football Club’s Marketing and Communications General Manager
- be a part of the Trident Girls Football Academy team photo on the MCG
- receive education in regards to recovery and nutrition for football
- receive AFL Draft style testing and feedback
Spaces for the Academy are limited to 30. Download the flyer to find out how to register your interest.