Expressions of Interest - Team Coach Junior/U20 Championships, Brisbane
Fencing Victoria invites expressions of interest for the position of Team Coach for the Junior/U20 National Championships between 22-25 September 2012, Brisbane.
The duties of the Fencing Victoria Team Coach include:
- Provide assistance to the Team Manager when requested.
- Monitor individual athlete and team activity, and address issues as they arise.
- Ensure that all athletes have an appropriate preparation prior to the competition beginning, through consultation with athletes and their personal coach or assignment of lessons to the appointed Team Manager.
- Report misconduct of coaches and athletes to the Team Manager
- Attend any meetings called by the AFF or competition organising committee.
- Provide advice, if requested, regarding composition of State teams according to Fencing Victoria rules.
- Present yourself and the team in a professional and positive image at all times and maintain Fencing Victoria’s Code of Conduct for Coaches,
- Be present at the venue during all events, and at least 45 minutes prior to the start of events on each day.
- Undertake any other tasks as subsequently agreed between the Fencing Victoria Executive and the Team Manager.
- Provide the Team Manager with a short report by 3rd August 2012 on the performance of the athletes and teams and any issues that may have arisen during the competition.
The attributes of the Fencing Victoria Team Coach include:
- Excellent communication skills
- Affiliated as a coach with Fencing Victoria
- Extensive coaching experience
- Ability to liaise with coaches, fencers and parents
- A full and current drivers licence
- Working with Children Check
- Minimum of Level 1 in Foil, Epee and Sabre (Preferably Level 2 in all weapons)
- Holding no other official position which in the opinion of the FV Executive would create a conflict of interest or perception of such conflict
A per diem of $120 will be paid for each of the four days of the competition, conditional upon full attendance each day. The position of Team Coach reports to the Team Manager. The position may be undertaken on a job-share arrangement, as long as Fencing Victoria is satisfied that any responsibility handover issues will be appropriately handled.
Please forward your expression of interest/application demonstrating your ability to carry out the duties listed above and relevant qualifications and skills by email to email@example.com by Friday 24th August 2012.