OSEP's Learner Guide Concept adopted by ASMC
OSEP's Learner Guide resource for the Advanced Sport Management Course (ASMC) was today (Sunday 13th November 2011) launched during the Programme Director's refresher training in Jongny, Switzerland.
Leigh Robinson, the co-editor of the MOSO book and a Kiwi national, presented the guide with OSEP's Sainimili Talatoka providing an overview of the approach used in Oceania.
During the group discussions, Oceania was grouped with Mauritius, Malaysia, Philippines, Chinese Taipei and Zimbabwe. The group's recommendation, amongst others, included adoption of the Oceania ASMC model to assist other NOC's delivering the ASMC. A list of the programme directors is attached, participants represented 45 member countries of the IOC from around the globe.
OSEP's next project is the revision of the facilitator guide.
Pictures top to bottom:
1. Sainimili Talatoka presenting the learner guide approach in Oceania
2. A programme director directing a question to Oceania
3. Leigh Robinson launching the Oceania learner guide approach
4. Programme Directors at the refresher training - L-R Tunisia's Ridha Layouni, Mauritius Jacque Malie and Paraguay's Sergio Rolando Baro Long
5. New Programme Directors (L-R), Kelly Blas of Guam and Dr Ling-Mei Ko of Chinese Taipei
6. Joanna Zipser-Graves of Olympic Solidarity introducing the aims of the training
7. One of the facilitators, Edward Siwela of Zimbabwe
8. Thailand's Dr Issadee Kutintara (nearest camera) and Philippines Mario Tanchanco
9. The Learner Guide for the first chapter "Organising and Olympic Sport Organisation"