Mediterranean Middle Eastern - 2012 Under 16 Origin Harmony Cup
he Mediterranean Rugby League will once again be competing in the annual U16 NSWRL Origin Harmony Cup to be played on Saturday 6 October 2012 at St Marys Leagues Stadium. Last year the Mediterranean side enjoyed a successful debut tournament making the final four and earlier this year were finalists in the under 17’s ATP Redfern Harmony Nines competition.
We are looking for players that are from Mediterranean or Middle Eastern backgrounds.
Strictly we will only accept players who:
* Have NOT REGISTERED in the 2011 & 2012 Harold Matthews Cup competition
* Are registered during 2012 with a NSWRL or CRL Junior Rugby League Club
* Players who are born in the year 1996 or 1997
* Only a maximum of 5 players will be selected from those born in 1997
We emphasise that all players are to be registered in 2012 with a NSWRL or CRL club. Players who have played in Development Squads but haven’t been registered at Harold Matthews level are allowed to trial for a position in the side.
The purpose of the single day U16 Origin Harmony Cup tournament is to:
1. Broaden Junior League participation base for non-junior representative players
2. Provide opportunities for players to participate at a representative level
3. Develop an appreciation for cultural diversity within Rugby League and the wider community
4. Assist the international development of Rugby League through an additional junior programme
For further information please contact:
Fred Albassit (President): 0405 648 507