Dear Churinga Saints family
No Training Wednesday 5 June 2013 due to Queens Birthday Weekend Holiday.
Please remember that all coaches and umpires are volunteers and without them we do not have a club. Please support them when ever needed. Please remember to follow our codes of conduct which are available on our website.
Code of Conduct for parents:
- Encourage children to participate if they are interested, however, if a child is not willing, do not force him or her.
- Focus upon the child’s efforts and performance rather than the overall outcome of the game. This assists the child in setting realistic goals related to her/his ability by reducing the emphasis on winning.
- Teach children that an honest effort is as important as victory, so that the result of the game is accepted without disappointment.
- Encourage children to always participate according to the rules.
- Never ridicule or yell at a child for a mistake or losing a game.
- Remember that children are involved in organised sports for THEIR enjoyment not yours.
- Remember that children learn best from example. Applaud good plays by all teams.
- If you disagree with an umpire, raise the issue through the appropriate channels rather than question the umpire’s judgment and honesty in public. Remember, most umpires give their time and effort for you child’s’ enjoyment.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities.
- Recognise the value and importance of volunteer coaches. They give of their time and resources to provide recreational activities for your child and deserve your support.
- Avoid the use of derogatory language based on gender.
- Encourage your child to attend all events associated with the club (e.g. training, games, presentation night, and player meetings) remind them that this is part of their commitment when joining the club.
I'll see you around the courts!
Churinga Saints Netball Club