Minutes General Meeting 8/9/2012
8th September 2012
Held at Rockville Oval. Tor Street, Toowoomba.
President declared the meeting open at 12.30pm
Col Wells (President), Marj Shaw, Chris Williamson. Paul Hancock, David Flemming (Registrar), Cheryl Flemming, Craig Turville, Debbie Huxley, Phil Huxley, Ian Shaw, Heather Shaw (Secretary)
- Apologies. Greg Schmidt (Treasurer), Tony Geitzel,
- Confirmation of Minutes meeting on 27h July 2012.
That the Minutes of the previous meeting be accepted as a true and accurate record of proceedings:
Moved: Chriss Williamson, Seconded: Marj Shaw CARRIED.
- Business arising from the minutes.
(a) No further update on new signage at this stage.
(b) Member numbers remain steady and it is believed that numbers will grow in the future as current Coolaroo members stop playing.
(c) Key Coolaroo personnel to be approached in early 2013 to establish contact with any retiring players.
(d) A letter detailing COBA activities and use of funds will then be distributed to any new contacts along with current contacts.
Copies of Coolaroo News
Letter from Coolaroo regarding the issue of abuse of umpires at games – an issue raised by the league.
Email from Greg Schmidt regarding Juniors Presentation Day BBQ.
Email from Tony Geitzel apologising for inability to attend meeting.
Email from Chriss Williamson with regards to meeting and Junior Presentation Day.
Thank You Letters to Barney Nolan, Greg Schmidt and Toowoomba Tigers following COBA Day 2012
Correspondence Accepted by Paul Hancock & seconded by Cheryl Flemming.
- Business arising from correspondence.
Letter re umpires discussed.
Volunteers called for BBQ for Junior Presentation – Marj, Col, Phil & Debbie available – Chriss will attend if in Toowoomba.
- Treasurer’s Report.
Treasurer’s Report attached.
Balance as at 7th September 2012: $ 1647.82.
Treasurer’s Report Accepted by Col Wells and seconded by Heather Shaw
- Business arising from Treasurer’s Report.
- General Business.
- The New Coolaroo President – Jon Wiedman was introduced to all in attendance.
- A Golf Day will be held in the off season (mid February) so that people with other commitments may be able to take part. The venue will most likely be Eustonvale as it proved very suitable for the last Golf Day.
- Date of next meeting: COBA AGM
Sunday 18th November 2012 at the Federal Hotel, James St. Toowoomba.
Start Time 10.30am to be followed by lunch.
The President declared the meeting closed at !2.55pm.