Wynnum Vikings is Registered for Get Started!
Get Started – Wynnum Vikings AFL is Registered!
Get Started is a funding initiative of the Queensland Government which is to assist children and young people join a sport or recreation club. Eligible children and young people can apply for a voucher valued up to $150 (GST exclusive), which can be redeemed at a registered sport or recreation club. There is a limit of one voucher per child/young person per year. The vouchers are valid for 3 months only from issue date.
- Children and young people, from the age of 5 up to and including 17, who hold or whose parent, carer or guardian holds a Centrelink Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card and who are residents of Queensland;
- Other children or young people identified by two referral agents (such as a police officer, police liaison officer, local councillor, council youth development officer, school teacher, school principal; school guidance/career counsellor).
- The funding will be distributed in 2 rounds each year on a first come/first serve basis. Once the allocation for each round is exhausted, the program will close and no further vouchers will be offered for that round. The program will open for 2 rounds each year until 2015.
- Round 1 applications open 15/1/13 and close 15/4/13.
- Round 2 applications open 15/7/13 and close 15/10/13.
- If the Club membership fees are more than $150, the parent/guardian/carer would be required to pay the difference. If the Club membership fees are less than $150, the balance is not redeemable in cash or as payment for individual items to participate in the activity (e.g. jerseys, boots etc).
- You will still need to complete and comply with the sport or recreation club’s registration process.
How to get a Voucher
- Visit www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/getinthegame; click on Club Locator where you will see that Wynnum Vikings AFL Club has successfully been registered.
- Once the Applications open, you can apply for a voucher online by entering your details and the eligible child/young person’s details, including a Centrelink Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card number OR a referral agent’s details.
- If you are eligible, a voucher with a unique reference number will be generated and emailed to you. Print the voucher and bring it to Wynnum Vikings AFL Club (prior to the expiry date) to receive up to $150 (GST exclusive) off the Club’s membership fees.
Need Further Information?
If you require additional information regarding Get Started, please contact the local Sport & Recreation Services Advisor on 1300 656 191 or visit www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/getinthegame