Jason said 'that he and the committee was very pleased with the number and quality of applications received for both age groups. The interview process was still in progress for the Under 12 Age Group Coach and they expect this to be announced in the next fortnight' Jason said. 'We have already received a number of applications for junior and youth coaches. These applications will be looked at by the football committee in the coming weeks and discussions will be held after Christmas. Of course though we are always looking for new coaching staff and would welcome any applications'.
'There is so much happening around the club at the moment with the new changes rooms and coaches/timebox work coming along, club sponsors being announced, new terrace tables and the junior re-registrations being open online, 2013 is shaping to be a very exiting year at Morningside and more exiting things still in planning' Jason said.
Under 16 Age Group Coach
- Mt Gravatt Junior
- Coorparoo Seniors 1985 -1987
- Brisbane Bears 1998 -1999
- Sandringham (VFA) 1990 Recruited to Melbourne FC
- Melbourne FC 1990-1991
- Morningside AFC 1992-1996
- Senior AFL Football
- Multiple Representation for Qld at Senior Level
- Represented Qld twice at State of Origin Level
- Grand Finalist Melbourne FC Reserves 1990 1991
- Morningside Senior Premiership Player 1993 1994
Coaching Career at Morningside
- 12 Years experience coaching at Junior and Youth Level
- 6 Years Running Div 1 Grand Finalist Coach
- 2011 / 2012 Years Under 16 Div 1 Premiership Coach
- 2011 Age Group Coach of Div 1 and Div 3 Premierships
- Assistant Coach at Bushrangers U16 and U18
Philosophy on Coaching for 2013
- I will be providing our boys with an introduction to stepping up to senior football.
- They will have a clear view on expectations the club requires from them to be a part of the under 16 group. We will be endeavoring to coach the boys to play a modern style of football and to accept and thrive on the responsibilities that will be given to them in regard to effort and participation.
I see my role as getting the boys prepared for senior football at Morningside. In saying that, I am well aware that some boys will not be looking for this as their goal. Fortunately, we will be in the position of being able to cater for all players, as we will have 2 teams entered for 2013.
My focus will be on improving ALL players within our squad, whether it is developing skill, game sense, work ethic and general life skills.
As always, assistance is always welcomed so please come forward and make you known to the coaching group, it would very much appreciated.
Under 14 Age Group Coach
- Wynnum and Morningside Junior
- QLD Representative
- All Australian U18
- Brisbane Bears Reserves 1989/1990
- Morningside AFC triple premiership player
- Best and Fairest Morningside Seniors
- Joe Grant Medalist
- Redlands AFC dual premiership player
- Reserves Coach AFLQ 2005
- Wynnum Vikings Senior Premiership Coach 2008/2009
Last Modified on 15/11/2012 14:40