What's new in 2013
Here are a few key points for footy in 2013:
1. The Junior competition will have U9, U11, U13, U15 and U17 age groups. U9 and U11 will be non-competition.
2. Junior Registration fees will be $120 per player. Auskick registration will be $85. Extra family members will receive a $10 discount on their registration fees.
3. As part of obtaining official accreditation with the AFL, we have adopted a set of policies regarding the operations of our club.
The 2012 and 2013 committees have put a large effort into building these policies, especially the team selection policy (see below).
The policies are based on samples provided by the Australian Sports Commission and other sporting clubs.
The full set of policies can be viewed at newcastlecityjuniors.com.au -> Policy Documents.
Please read the policies, since they explain important points on how our club operates.
4. We are preparing for two teams in all age groups except U17. This means we will need 9 sets of coaches/assistant coaches and team managers!
We have re-secured some coaches for 2013, but we are still looking for more good people to join our coaching panel this year. Mums, Dads, brothers and sisters are all welcome.
Coaches are an essential part of our club and we provide training and support for our all our coaches.
So if you like keeping fit, have a love for the game, would like to make a positive contribution to our little community, or are looking for a new challenge in 2013, we're looking forward to hearing from you.
We'll accept inquiries up to 31st January.
5. Our governing body, AFLGSJ, has adopted the "Sports Trainers in Community Australian Football Policy" for the 2013 season.
At Auskick, U9 and U11 games, our club is required to provide a first aid officer with a nationally accredited first aid certificate.
For Youth matches (U13-U17), our club is required to provide a sports trainer with qualifications in first aid as well as extra football-related training qualifications.
If no suitable qualified trainer of first aid person is present, the match cannot begin, so this is an important change to our match day operations.
The club will cover the costs of training courses. We will send more details on training courses over the next few weeks.