Presidents Report - Kylie Coen - September 5th 2012
PRESIDENTS UPDATE SEPTEMBER 2012
A big thankyou to all the coaches, team mangers and committee members for their contribution to our club in Winter 2012. Most importantly well done to all our players, who I am sure, have developed their skills and had some fun shooting hoops over the winter.
Best of luck to our teams participating in finals in the coming weeks!!
We had an MEBC meeting last night and key outcomes to report to members are:-
- PRESENTATION NIGHT TUESDAY 18 SEPTEMBER 7.30 AT MARCELLIN
- ON-LINE REGISTRATIONS
Positive feedback with on-line registrations, which will be even simpler next time around when members can use their log in and their will be an option to update membership rather than register for the first time.
- SCORING IN FINALS
Please remember that the scorer is an official of the game and can stop the clock on any dead ball to seek clarification and should do so in the event of any uncertainty
- o Please ensure that an experienced scorer is allocated to score in the finals.
- o Scorers must confer regularly with the scorer from the opposing team.
- o Make sure a team manager is nominated and present at the game. This is especially important when there is a junior coach to ensure they are supported in the event of a conflict arising.
- o If you have any doubts about the ability of the opposing team’s scorer it is appropriate to politely ask if they are confident with the task at hand and if an additional person to assist would be of benefit. If this is not received well, then have someone speak with the Venue Manager or Court Supervisor immediately.
- o If you are unsure of a referee call it is appropriate to seek clarification from the ref a.s.a.p. and confer with the other scorer to ensure all parties agree at the time.
- o Coaches and team mangers be aware that there is a list of numbers provided to each Venue by the EDJBA which may be called if a conflict situation arises. If you find a difficult circumstance arises and you are unsure of what to do you can politely suggest the venue manager seek the advice of the EDJBA to resolve the problem at the time of the issue before the referee signs off the sheet. This is important even if it delays the next game.
- SUMMER 2012/13
At this time we estimate 11 girl’s teams and between 13-15 boys team pending final numbers and team configurations.
To achieve the best numbers outcomes for teams we are calling for
U8 boys, that is, boys with a birthday after July 1 2004 eg. Born on 1/05/2005 eligible for u8’s
U18 boys Birthday between 1/7/1994 - 30/6/1996
U20 girls Birthday between 1/7/1992 - 30/6/1994
Could play up if born between 1994-1996 as no U18 girls this season
We must enter teams by 17 September so this is the last call for registrations in these age groups.
Contact:- Brenna, Boys co-ordinator or Michael , girls co-ordinator to authorise late registration.
Please direct uniform queries to Anna Brown and don’t forget the
Marcellin Eagles website is kept up to date and has all committee members contact details on it.
See you all at Presentation night and Go Eagles!!!!!!!